Monday, April 12, 2010

JACC State 2010

On Thursday afternoon, I hopped on a bus and headed to LA for the Journalism Association of Community Colleges conference at the Grand Wilshire hotel with the rest of my news team. This was the first weekend I've had off since I can't even remember. It was a really nice mini vacation. Sure there were workshops and meetings, but compared to a shift at McDonald's this was Disneyland. I entered the editorial cartoon on the spot competition. Though I lost, Mt. SAC took home the Pacesetter award and a few others in first place. It was a great experience that I won't soon forget.

Congrats to Evan, Adam, Mo, Sabina, Raul, Isai, and everyone else who took home something this weekend. I'm proud to be able to work with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment